First note, Sally Lynn has moved off our Certification Regional Instructor team. She is still on our design team, but she will no longer be teaching Certifications. This leaves her open to teach more flexible workshops all across the country on a variety of subjects. I know she is looking forward to some great altered-arts workshops incorporating Copics.
Meanwhile, we've adjusted a few instructors for upcoming classes. If you need an application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
May 30th, Vancouver, BC Taught by Sherrie Siemens Open to Public
June 6th, Arlington, TX Taught by Marianne, Sharon and Jenn Balcer FULL
June 11th, Bloomington, IL Taught By Lori Craig Open to Public
June, 12th Grand Rapids, MI Taught by Debbie Olson FULL
June 13th, Toronto, Canada Taught by Sherrie Siemens FULL
June 13th, Boise, ID Taught by Jennie Black Open to Public
June 13th, Puerto Rico, Taught by Colleen Schaan Open to Public
June 27th, Seattle, WA Taught by Sherrie Siemens Open to Public
July 11th, Riverside, CA Taught by Jennie Black Open to Stores & Designers
Summer CHA- July 26th, Chicago, IL Taught by Debbie Olson Open to Stores & Designers
I was sent a link to the following event that I think sounds really interesting. For those of you in the Washington DC area there is a Pen event this weekend at the Smithsonian National Postal Museum:
WHAT: Pens & the Post: Collect, Correspond, Celebrate!
WHEN: Saturday, May 29 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
WHERE: Smithsonian National Postal Museum, 2 Massachusetts Ave. NE
The National Postal Museum, along with the Pen Collectors of America and Fahrney’s Pens, are hosting “Pens & the Post: Collect, Correspond, Celebrate!” Pens, postage and mail have long gone hand in hand. Explore the shared history of pens and mail with the whole family.
The following activities taking place throughout the day:
· Make a creative card to send to a friend with young designer Sophia Breuer
· Watch an expert calligraphy demonstration by expert calligrapher Deborah Basel
· Take a fancy fountain pen for a spin at the “Pen Petting Zoo” provided by Fahrney’s Pens
· Sample a rainbow of ink colors with John Bosley, author of Vintage Inks
· Try out beautiful papers from plain to posh with handwriting specialist Nan Barchowsky
· Just in time for Memorial Day, pen a letter to U.S. military members and learn about World War II-era correspondence.
· Meet the Pen Collectors of America and find out more about the pen collecting community
· See a pen set belonging to President Franklin D. Roosevelt and beautiful stamps featuring pens and handwriting in a scavenger hunt
Short workshops provide the opportunity to learn from the experts and try new skills:
· 11:30 a.m. – Pens for Kids Workshop presented by the Pen Collectors of America
· 12:30 p.m. – Cursive for Kids Workshop presented by Fahrney’s Pens
· 1:30 p.m. – Pens for Kids Workshop presented by the Pen Collectors of America
· 2:30 p.m. – The Glory of Pen Collecting presented by the Pen Collectors of America