Monday, May 4, 2009

Blog candy winner

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Our Craft Lounge blog hop this weekend! As an artist I appreciate reading everyone's feedback to see which illustrations catch your eye the most. I always appreciate critical feedback as well, or else I won't improve in my work.

Out of 157 comments, the winner of this patriotic stamp set from my blog is:

Random.org

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

18 

Timestamp: 2009-05-04 08:01:12 UTC

Number 18, is Marisa, a new blogger (good luck with blogging!). Marisa's comment was:

I might even be able

to make that star! Thanks for the tip.

Marisa, you need to send me an e-mail with your address so we can get that out to you. Again, I want to thank everyone for their comments and feedback.

Certification for Papercrafting
Just a little update on June Certification classes. July classes are still up in the air, but I should have details soon.

Applications have gone out for the following June Classes:
June 6th, Winnipeg, Canada taught by Sherrie Siemens
June 14th, Belmont NH taught by Sally Lynn MacDonald
June 28th, Durham NC taught by Sally Lynn MacDonald
Please send me an e-mail if you still need an application.

Applications will go out today for:
June 11th Salt Lake City, UT taught by Marianne Walker
Please send me an e-mail if you haven't registered for our mailing list via the sign in form on my sidebar. I will also be doing in-store visits and make 'n takes on this trip on June 12 & 13, so come and visit- locations TBA.

Also, All May classes are now open to the public. Please send me an e-mail if you need an application:
May 17th, Rockland, MA (Sally Lynn)
May 20th, Portland, OR (Marianne)
May 31st, Smithville, OH (Sally Lynn)

New Blog Header
You may have noticed that I made a new blog header. I'll post the step-by-step later this week, but just so you know- these peaches were drawn on vellum which is why they have a very paint-like feel.

I love the unique qualities of working on vellum and how it is so forgiving as far as erasing. It's like the layering ability of oil paint with the feel of watercolor and the ease of marker. I also like it because I tend to draw black & white outlines and fill them in, whereas the vellum is transparent so I can draw my guidelines on another sheet and trace through to do my final coloring.

5 comments:

Jenn K said...

Wow that looks fantastic!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Cool new banner!! The effects are fabulous! Makes me want to try!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

FibreJunky said...

I always love it when you have a new banner. This one is just gorgeous.

Verda said...

Your new header is beautiful.

Claudia said...

You certainly are one talented lady. I am still pretty new to all things Copics and I am so apprciative of all your work and all you share. Thank you so much...I am reading and trying many of your tips and tutorial.

Also, LOVE your banner.