Monday, November 2, 2009

Certification and Thank You

I'm back from a fabulous trip to Grand Rapids last week. The Certification was a lot of fun and I was happy to meet both old and new friends there.

When I went to the certification class in Coos Bay a week ago I took my husband with me. He makes videos and in his spare time he made this simple promo video for the store that the class was hosted in - Memories of Time. Here is the nice video he made for Michelle, owner of Memories of Time.



What a cute store! I love going around the country and seeing all the different little stores. I'm glad my husband was able to make the video for her, and I can't wait to go back to visit her store someday.

Meanwhile, I need to update everyone on upcoming certification classes and events.

On November 18 & 19 we will be participating in the University of Oregon Bookstore's annual Tools of the Trade Show. The show theme this year goes along with the U of O Art Museum's current Gallery Show - Art of the Superhero. I will be one of the featured artists at the U of O Tradeshow event and I'll be coloring some appropriate comic artwork just for the event.

In conjunction with that show I can also be found this Saturday evening down at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art here in Eugene doing airbrush demos and letting people draw or color their own superheroes. Don't miss it! Nov. 7th from 5:30 to 6:30 pm.

The evening of November 19th I will be hosting a beginner Copic Marker class for fine art & landscape architecture at the DIVA Gallery, 110 W. Broadway here in Eugene. To register for that class you need to contact DIVA directly or through their website.

December 5th I will also host a Holiday Card Making class at DIVA. This is not a class where I make a kit and everyone makes the same card. Rather, this is a fundraiser for DIVA and I bring down a mixture of papercrafting supplies where we are creating our own mixed-media/altered arts creations. Bring some embellishments to share or swap with classmates. Your class fee becomes a donation for DIVA.

Although the year is winding down we still have some great locations coming up. In January we will announce our schedule for Spring 2010, and you'll see a whole bunch of new locations, so stay tuned. Meanwhile, here are the remaining classes between now and CHA in January.

November
21st Montreal, taught by Sherrie Siemens Full
22nd, Montreal, taught by Sherrie Siemens Opens to Public this Friday
22nd Columbia, SC taught by Sally Lynn Opens to Public this Friday

December
13th San Antonio, TX taught by Sally Lynn Open to Stores & Designers
14th San Antonio, TX taught by Sally Lynn Open to Stores & Designers

January, 2010
10th Sarasota, FL taught by Sally Lynn Applications go out next week

And, for those who are attending CHA:
22nd Anaheim, CA taught by Sherrie Siemens Applications go out next week
23rd Anaheim, CA taught by Sherrie Siemens Applications go out next week

17 comments:

Sue McMahon said...

It was a true pleasure and honor to get to meet you last week in Grand Rapids. Thank you for the awesome class!!

JaniceAileen said...

Will the classes in San Antonio be open to the public at any point? I hope so!!! Thanks!

Serendipity Stamping said...

Oh I hope I can find a way to attend the Sarasot class!! I have a terrible work schedule. Finers crossed.

Serendipity Stamping said...

Look at all the misspelling you can do when you type with your fingers crossed, LOL.S

Jessica said...

Tell your hubby he did a great video. It makes me wish there wasn't so much distance between SC and Oregon! lol.And thanks for all the lessons you have on your blog for us to learn how to use our copics.
Jessica

Jessica said...

Should I store my copics laying on their sides, or standing up? Please let me know if it makes a difference. Thanks, Jessica

marianne walker said...

Jessica,

You'll have no problems storing your Copics either up or on their side. However, the best way to store them is to hold them in your hand and use them :)

Kelly Mahany said...

When you say applications for Sarasota will be going out next week, what does that mean? How can I get an application to attend the certification in Sarasota?

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Hey Marianne! What a nice video, and I agree - a cute store!

There's a whole lotta' coloring going on! :o)

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Melissa Sauls said...

I know you mentioned that the venue has changed for the San Antonio cert to accommodate for a larger class size. Any specifics on where? I've signed up but haven't a clue where to go.

Serendipity Stamping said...

How do you receive and application and info on a particular class?

HegeT said...

Hi.
So great give-away.
I have been a sworn Copic fan.
Do not hold on so long with the ink, but have become totally dependent on them.
I spend most Copic Sketch -
Really like these because of the brush tip.
Also there is so much nice colors.


Regards
HegeT, Norway
søk

DebbieD said...

I have a dozen or so Copics but haven't used them yet. I would love to take a class on how to use them first. I plan on watching one of the videos I have seen and try them out that way.

Anonymous said...

It is easy to see that you love your job! What a wonderful way to meet designers AND get to play! Thank you for working to make the Copic markers so easy to use. The colors are vibrant. The blending is easy. It is plain to see that a lot of research and testing went into making this product. Your design team makes them shine every day!

Stampin2day said...

I discovered Copic Markers in May of 2009. I've never looked back since! One copic creation and I was in love!
The colors are so rich and vibrant! I have colored pencils, H20's, etc..nothing can compare to the vibrant colors and shading you get with Copic Markers!
I was so in love, in June of 2009 I started a group called Copic Buzz. Our group is now 345 members strong! We share information, our creative projects, color combos, anything Copic related you can find there!About a month after that our group started a challenge blog also called Copic Buzz. Yes, We are all hooked!

I became a Copic Certified Designer in Oct 2009. Not because I wanted to teach but because I wanted to know all the little details I could learn! And..boy was it worth it!
The minute I saw the Airbrush System in the class, well yep you can guess! I had to have that also! It is amzaing! I have said goodbye to all the dirty sponges and messy fingers I used to have!

Why you ask do we love Copics..well besides the vibrant and rich colors, did you know you can color just about anything? Buttons, ribbon, metal, wood, fabric, you name it Copic Markers will color it!
To show you what I mean, here is a card I created where all the embellishements are colored with Copic Markers!
http://scrapworld-scrap2day.blogspot.com/2009/10/snow-fairy.html
The button, ribbon, and pearls were all colored with my beloved Copic Markers!
Isn't it awesome that you can buy all white embellishments and simply color them with your Copics and the whole project will be color cordinated?
Simply Amazing!

Karen C said...

I love love love Copics but want to be able to learn to use them more effectively. I'm waiting with baited breathe to see if I get into the cert class on the 13th in SA. Or if someone in Houston ever decides to have classes here!

Ashant'i Creations said...

I think its great that Copic is adding more wonderful people to teach. I can't wait to take the class.