Draw It Yourself - Doodling Wings
Since the overwhelming response from the survey suggests that I should post some simple tutorials on how to draw, I think this tutorial is a great one to work on if you are a total beginner at doodling.
Wings are a simple way to "doodle-up" any design. The great thing about wings is that they are easy to start with. For this, you'll need a pencil, paper, and a multiliner (I used a .3mm).
1. Lightly draw a right-triangle in pencil. The long edge will be the feathers, so you can turn the triangle whichever way you need to get the feathers turned how you need them. Depending on the shape of the triangle, the wings will change shape. For more open wings, make the triangle longer.
2. In slightly darker pencil, round out the edges of the triangle. Keep the two short edge lines smooth. Then, make a series of U's along the bottom edge. They don't have to be perfect.
3. Think which way the wing will point. Make another series of U's along the top edge of the outer U's. These should angle slightly to match the angle of the wing. (if there isn't an angle, that's OK as well). Notice that I only make U's along 2/3 of the wing. Leave the edge of the wing featherless, as this is where it attaches to the body.
4. Make another row of U's, again, angled with the triangle and only going about 2/3 of the way across. Depending on the size of your triangle, you simply make more and more rows of feathers. On the area without feathers, draw a little line to hint at bones under the feathers.
5. Make a matching wing pointing the other direction.
6. Trace the outlined pencil with your multiliner. This step is what makes it look more clean and professional. I use a light table so I don't have to erase. If you know that you will be erasing your pencil lines, then try to keep those light so it will be easier to erase.
Congrats! You've drawn a pair of wings! Now, you can check out this older post of mine about coloring feathers. You'll notice that the image of wings in that post is similar to what you have drawn here.
Here is my final, cute little stick-angel. The wings turn an otherwise boring stick figure into a cute little doodle that would work in many situations. I hope this inspires you to go out and doodle some wings :) Have a wonderful week!