Wednesday, July 20, 2011

CHA Consumer Show

I'm here in Chicago, working at CHA with Copic, helping local stamping stores choose the best markers for you!

Tomorrow the consumer show starts. We at Copic are partnering with Splitcoaststampers to provide make-n-takes and all sorts of fun and excitement.

On Friday I will be doing a book signing with Colleen Schaan for our new book, Copic Coloring Guide. We will be in the Splitcoast booth, happy to visit with all you! You can purchase the book there at the show, or bring your own copy, and we will be signing and taking questions, so please join us.

What else am I doing in the next few weeks?
For those of you who are local, Wed. July 27th, I will be in downtown Eugene, participating in the City of Eugene Drawing Marathon. Come Join me!! Come draw, as I will have markers to play with, or come and watch other fabulous artists create exciting pictures.

Wed, 7/27, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.

Downtown at Kesey Square, Broadway & Willamette

Summer in the City--Downtown
Drawing Marathon

Suggested donation for downtown events is one can of food/adult or $1/adult benefiting the Eugene Storefront Art Project. Prepare to be inspired as you witness the creation of a unique drawing right before your eyes. Join us for an evening drawing marathon on the picturesque brick plaza. Live models pose in different costumes for long-time professional artists as well as new to the craft drawers; using charcoal, oil sticks, crayons or pencils. Enjoy Soul Jazz, a Eugene-based trio from the Jazz Station. Finished drawings will be hung on an impromptu clothesline on Kesey Square with the proceeds going to benefit the Eugene Storefront Art Project.

Artists, please come and draw! You are invited and it's free to participate! Please e-mail us and let us know you are coming: drawingmarathoneugene@gmail.com



For Teens, this summer I will be teaching a number of FREE drawing classes:

Eugene, Downtown Library, Learn to Draw Manga
Wednesday, August 3, 2:00


Eugene, Bethel Branch Library, Learn to Draw Manga
Friday, August 5, 2:00


Eugene, Sheldon Branch Library, Learn to Draw
Tuesday, August 9, 2:00


I will also be demoing at the Lane County Fair later this Summer, so look for more details in the next few weeks.

OK, I need to get back to work. Come see me this week or at one of my many local events over the next few weeks.

6 comments:

Deonna B said...

I'm going to the CHA consumer show. I can't wait to buy my book there and have you sign it. I'm getting really excited now for the show.

Susie said...

I wish I could see you! I was just there on Saturday for Debbie's awesome Copic class. She is such a lovely and talent and KNOWLEDGEABLE person.

Views From My Scraproom... said...

All the stuff you guys do in Eugene makes me wish I still lived in Florence OR!

Lori said...

I would love to be there. You be careful up there. I had a dr. appt. two weeks ago and discovered the issue of the "flash mobs" is worse than the news is reporting. I live in IL and had no idea to what extent it is.
They have attacked at conventions so you guys be very very careful and keep your eyes and ears open at all times. Even with the police there do not let your guard down It makes no difference who is there to these mobs.
I am praying for only happy and safe crafters.

Patricia St Martin said...

I want to say how much I enjoyed meeting you at the CHA. I would of had so many questions for you I wanted to talk more but I was with friends and they wanted to get going. Also you are a super nice person just as I thought. I hope you will be by next year.
Hugz, Pat

Unknown said...

Awww :( I was I was able to attend the drawing classes...Looks like lots of fun. Being from the land DownUnder we're so far away from all these exciting events... Have fun everyone... Julie

http://9-2-midnight.blogspot.com/

btw - what's FLASH MOBS ???