Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Blog Header

Running Horses
You may have noticed that I have a new Blog header. This morning I decided that my old header was just a little out of season. I also felt like drawing some horses. I ran a google search on horses to get ideas on perspective and angles for the three horses.

I drew them with a pencil first onto scratch paper, then I inked the image on a new sheet of paper using my light table...then I didn't have to erase. So, I sketched out the following illustration using a 0.05mm Gray Multiliner and a 0.05mm Sepia multiliner. Then I started coloring. Tomorrow I will post a tutorial with the steps I took in coloring the horses and markers.

Have a great day!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

The horses look wonderful and miniature lifelike almost as if one is jumping out to take a bite out of the marker.

Deneen said...

Okay...you are just too crazy talented!!! Love the horses. I want to be you when I grow up:)

Bast said...

That is just abxolutely gorgeous! I love it. TFS

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Delia said...

Beautiful work, love the drawing and your coloring is amazing. Can't wait for the coloring tutorial.

Debbie Olson said...

Love it--especially the dappling on the gray horse!

BrendaJ said...

WOW! Absolutely love your new blog header!!!

Karen W said...

These are amazing, fabulous job on these!!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Marianne, You did a wonderful job drawing and coloring the horses. You are so talented. The header looks wonderful.

Where Colors Take Me said...

Wow... Beautiful. Very inspirational. Have a great day! Maria

Bandon, Oregon said...

HORSES... I've been wanting you do to some Horses.... You heard my heart... I was up in Coos Bay at Memories of Time, some time ago with Kisa and Joy... They were talking about stamp sets.. as I was coloring (with my copics) I looked up and said... I just want a real horse... What?? no.. I just want a real horse stamp set... not cute, not funny, but a real horse stamp set...

Your horses are Wonderful!! Please a stamp set... Pretty Please....

Faith

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Great new header Marianne. It reflects all your artistic talents. What can show your encouraging talent?...a big heart!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Elaine M said...

WOWZER!!!!!

Cathy Y said...

OMG - your header is spectacular. The gray horse is just stunning. I think horses are one of the most difficult animals to "get right" and yours look pretty darn perfect to me!

cgargus said...

You really are amazing! What an awesome job of coloring, not to mention the drawing itself!!