Thursday, July 30, 2009

Demo Artists, CHA 2009

I just wanted to take a quick minute to show you what we've been doing this week in the Copic booth.

So far we've had the lovely Pat Huntoon from Technique Junkie newsletter hang out with us. She has been a fabulous roommate and I'll truly miss her when she heads up North again.

Behind Pat you'll see Jeanne Streiff, one of our other fabulous demo ladies. We love you Jeanne!



Pat colored this lovely frog more times than you can imagine today. Here's one of her little green friends that I managed to catch on camera before it hoped away. This frog was colored with light green, shaded with dark green, then Pat dabbed some colorless blender onto a rag and added the fine texture.



Our other demo person and fabulous Copic Certification instructor is Sally Lynn MacDonald. Here she is coloring some fairies and demoing basic marker tecniques to some very nice stores who are curious about the markers.

What I want you to notice about the completed fairy in this picture is the shadow on the skin. This was made with RV95, not a darker skin sequence. Please remember where I have mentioned in the past that your skin has a slighty purple/blue shadow. This grayish purple is perfect for shading skin and getting a pale, translucent feel to the delicate fairy.


Notice also on the desk with the fairy are some screen prints and clear acrylic album scraps. I'll post more technuqies with these, I promise!

I head home tomorrow, but I hope you can have a chance to wander around the Super Show for the next two days even if you don't get a chance to see the wholesale side. Have a great week!

6 comments:

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

What fun you all are having!! Wish I was there (opposite post card. :o)).

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

ruthi said...

can't wait to see what you do with acrylic. i just got some and really can't wait to stamp and color!

Stampin_melissa said...

Isn't Pat just awesome?!

I would NEVER have thought to use a purple to help shade skin! Awesome!

Sheila, The Dreamer said...

I love it! Beautiful!!! I'm glad you are enjoying Orlando....sorry for the thunderstorms, but in Fl they don't last long!!! It's the humidity afterward that's yukky!!!
I wish I could be there too!!! Hopefully next time your in FL!!!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Thank you so much for posting from CHA. I'll bet you are really really busy, but it is so fantastic for those of us who can't go to live vicariously through you. LOVE all of the details you shared in this post & can't wait to see more of your stunning work! :O)

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

It looks so fun! Could you let me know what kind of fairy stamp that is? I would like to purchase one of those, the one that has RV95 shown as example? Thanks Marianne!