Thursday, January 26, 2012

Drawing In Italy

Ever wanted to learn to draw? Ever wanted to go to Italy?
Every two years, the President of Imagination International (Copic USA), Ken O'Connell takes a group of adults for two weeks to learn how to draw in the beautiful towns and countryside of Umbria.

Most of his students are absolute beginners, adults who have always wanted to learn to draw and who have always wanted to go to Italy. If this sounds like you, then this is your chance!

This year, Debbie Olson will be working with Ken to teach the drawing classes. You will be using Copic markers and supplies, traveling around the Italian countryside, learning to draw in a country famous for producing amazing artists. (art by Ken O'Connell)

I was one of Ken's students when I was in art school, and I feel honored to work for him. He is a fun and mesmerizing instructor. He inspires confidence in anyone who doesn't think that they can be an artist. You will be amazed at how good you are after drawing for a few hours with Ken. Each year at our annual Copic Design Team Meeting, our designers beg to have an afternoon drawing with Ken. Debbie is so amazingly talented and so helpful that I know if you decide to go, you will not regret it. You will come away from the trip with a book full of beautiful drawings, gorgeous photos, and a lifetime of memories! ...I only wish I could go this year... :(


COPIC markers in Italy 2012
Ken O'Connell will teach "Sketchbooks in Italy" for the 5th time in Italy September 2-16, 2102.
This year, Copic Design Team member, Debbie Olson, will assist Ken (President of Imagination international, Inc., importer of Copic Markers.)

The plan is to spend two weeks at a tiny art school in Umbria (1 1/2 hours North of Rome) each day traveling to a nearby hill town to sketch and returning to our base in LaRomita School Of Art (http://www.laromita.org).

We are taken care of by two Italian cooks as we stay in apartments remodeled from a 15th Century Monastery.

If this adventure is of interest to you please write to ken@copicmarker.com for more information.

3 comments:

Sakuya said...

If I wanted to go to this would I have to pay my way to Italy?

marianne walker said...

Yes, you would have to find your own flight, but the fee for the event covers food and lodging.

katskards-1 said...

I'd love to come but I don't think I will still be alive in September 2-16, 2102.
Seriously though - It would be my dream to go there. I'm sure it will be a time to remember for all those that do.

Katarzyna.