Thursday, December 4, 2008

CHA Certification and other upcoming classes

Time flies and 2008 is almost over! Applications and information just went out to those of you who were interested in the certification classes prior to Winter CHA. If you did not get an e-mail with the application and are interested, please let me know. I used our new database service and I need your feedback if it didn't work correctly.

If you weren't on my list for CHA then you need to e-mail Kris at orders@copicmarker.com for info and applications. It's too late to get on my e-mail service for CHA Winter.

However, I am gathering the mailing lists for any future locations, so if you haven't applied through my e-mail list form on the right, please get that submitted with the Certification location you are interested in.

Remember, Certification classes are open first to papercrafting store owners/employees, teachers, and designers or design team members. If you do not fall into one of these categories then you need to wait for a class to open up to the public. (messy photo courtesy Michelle White from Paper Tales. Seattle Certification Class Nov. 08)

Where I am teaching in 2009:
January- CHA applications now being accepted
February- Pensacola FL and New Orleans add yourself to the mailing list
March- Connecticut, Rochester NY, Toronto add yourself to the mailing list
At least once a year I will try to make it to Seattle, WA or Portland, OR add yourself to the mailing list

Tentative 2009
Subject to change, but get on the mailing list so I know who is interested.
Central Canada add yourself to the mailing list
Phoenix, AZ add yourself to the mailing list
Louisville, KY add yourself to the mailing list
Vancouver, BC add yourself to the mailing list
Summer, CHA Orlando FL add yourself to the mailing list
Denver, CO add yourself to the mailing list
Salt Lake City, UT add yourself to the mailing list
Dallas, TX add yourself to the mailing list

If I didn't list your nearest big city, sign up anyways and let me know where you want me to visit. Sometimes unexpected things come available.

2009 Locations taught by Other Instructors

Sally Lynn has a complete list of upcoming certification classes she will be teaching on her blog. She will be concentrating mostly on East Coast locations, though she's going lots of places in 2009. Please add yourself to the mailing list for any of these locations via my blog sign up or the one on Sally Lynn's site (the sign-up on the main Copic Website does not have info on Certification).

Upcoming classes
I'm going to be leaving tomorrow for Southern California. There are lots of stores that we are visiting in my 3 day trip, so look for the class nearest you and come play with us. I'll have prizes and fun Make 'n Take projects for people to try. The wonderful ladies at Our Craft Lounge have worked hard to make kits and projects just for this event, so come visit us!

On Saturday Dec. 13 I will be teaching a cardmaking workshop here in Eugene, OR at the DIVA Gallery Downtown. For more information visit their website.

On Dec. 30th I will be teaching a teen Manga Workshop at the Eugene Public Library, and on Jan. 2nd I will be offering a lecture at the Library on the History of Manga.

Each term I will try to teach a marker rendering techniques class suitable for fine artists, professionals, architecture/landscape architecture, and any other related field of design or art. These are for adults and are held at DIVA. If you are interested in future classes, please contact them.

Whew! That's a lot going on. Please get on my mailing list so I can keep you informed of any classes in your area. Let me know if you have any questions, and I hope to see you at one of my upcoming workshops.

11 comments:

Terri said...

I do get emails about your posts, but not exactly sure how I get on the "class list"...I am interested in the Phoenix class should there ever be one! Thanks!

MaggiLiz Creations said...

I'm interested in the Salt Lake City class. The link to add your name isn't working. So could you add my name. Thanks.

mollymoo951 said...

I'm interested in the Louisville KY class.

Jane Wetzel said...

I would be interested in a Cleveland, OH class. However would be happy with anywhere in OH.

Unknown said...

Hi,
I was trying to edit my profile to add the city of Toronto as my area of interest - when you come here, I HAVE to be at that class!
Anyway, it wouldn't let me edit my profile, so I don't know if it was saved.
Please add Robin McKinley to your Toronto class list.
Thanks!

Lee said...

I signed up to be added to the Denver list as Lee Murphy, but when I replied to the e-mail I got an Internet Error page, so I don't know if the request was completed. I hope so!

Suzy said...

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to have signed up for the certification right before CHA. I look so forward to meeting you and learning so much about my favorite coloring method.

Suzy

:Jayne said...

OHHHH!!!! Put me on the list for Pensacola!!!!!!!!!! OMY!!!
:J

Kim said...

Would you ever consider coming out to the East Coast of Canada? I live in Halifax, and there are so many of us that would love to attend a Copic Certification class! I hope you will consider it!! I would be the first to sign up! lol

Janet said...

I'd be interested in the central Canada one. I live in Brandon Manitoba--Winnipeg is the centre of Canada and only 2 hours away. I know of two other people who would also attend.

jberezowecki@hotmail.com

Susan said...

More often than not I don't make remarks on sites, however I'd like to state that this article truly constrained me to do as such. Extremely decent post! Can you guess how much these celebrities are worth? Test your knowledge with Celebrity net worth.