Wednesday, January 21, 2009

CHA 2009

Tomorrow I take off for sunny California and CHA. If you're coming, you can find us at the show in Booth 4147. Come and meet the fabulous Trudee Sauer and Sherrie Siemens demoing in our booth most days, then on Monday Sally Lynn MacDonald will be visiting us and on Wednesday you can meet Michelle White from Paper Tales down in sunny San Diego.

As a bit of a sneak peek I want to share a new release you'll be able to see in our booth. I'll give you some big hints, but let me just say that we are all eagerly awaiting some yummy things to try at CHA. I won't spill the beans entirely, but here is a quick card I made with our new goodies. If you can't guess then you'll just have to wait for me to tell you in a few days what is in store.

Here is my quick final project. I used a wide E33 marker to scribble the background paper then used an E31 to tone the white areas to a nice, soft brown. This took all of about 15 seconds to make! Then, I colored the plain white ribbon with E57. I love how easy it is to get my ribbon to perfectly match whatever I'm working on with just a quick swipe. The added stiffness from the dye makes my bows so crisp and clean as well.

I chose these colors to match my new secret. Then I drew the chocolates and sentiment with a 0.03 multiliner and colored them in with E33, E57 and B21, each color picked to match our new secret, which worked perfectly when added over the top. Last, I popped up the main artwork with dimensional tape. I hope you enjoy!

We'll be looking forward to seeing everyone at CHA, and for those of you who can't come, I'll really try to post some photos of the booth, so stay tuned.

For those of you who are waiting to get into the Certification classes being held in the next few months, please be patient. As we get details hammered out we will e-mail you the applications and class specs. Meanwhile, have a great week and be looking for some great papercrafting previews from Copic!

7 comments:

liannallama said...

oh, no! Now I'm intrigued--can't wait to see what you have in store--and I'm so EXCITED--I just got news from Kris that there is a spot for me in the Friday class! Yahooo!

Mary Jane said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what the secret is. I wish I could attend CHA and visit your booth, but I am attending the Certification class on Friday.

Susan said...

Marianne, what a tease you are! I guess I'll just have to wait for your announcement.

Debbie Olson said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Marianne! I think I can guess, but I'm not guessing out loud! ;-D

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Sweet! :) I think I might have a inkling as to what the secret might be. SOOO excited about Saturday's class. It's 1a and I'm up because I can't go to sleep from the excitement! LOL! Can't wait to meet you, Marianne! ~ jane

Holly Nester said...

OK, I'll take a guess. Either metallics markers or scented markers!

hollygtn
blog.scrapallier.com

Linda Carson said...

Whoa! This looks good enough to eat! That's it....edible paper so we can sit & color longer!! LOL