Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Classes and Upcoming Events

I want to thank everyone who's been hanging in there through all my airbrushing explanations, I still have two more segments to go, but I wanted to discuss some upcoming events before I cover the last two airbrushing parts and move on to other topics. There are a lot of things happening in the next few months, so hopefully I can meet YOU at one of these events (photo courtesy Mary Kelly, Charleston SC certification class).

Copic Certification
Seattle, November 7th, OPEN to all Lake Union Marriott 9 am to 4 pm, cost $100. I still have a few openings so I'm opening this class to anyone who would like to attend. Just call our main office toll free 866-662-6742 and we'll add you to the list. If you sent me an e-mail and I never replied, just call anyways to make sure you're on the list.

Vancouver BC, November 10th. FULL. I'll probably be heading this direction again in 2009 but it won't be until May or June at the earliest.

Early December, Eugene or Portland TBA Mailing List. There are enough people locally who have been bugging me that I want anyone who would like to attend a class in either Eugene or Portland in early December to please e-mail me and we'll see if we can get a class set-up. If I don't get enough interested people then it'll have to wait.

Anaheim, Jan 23 or 24, Pre CHA, Mailing List Anaheim Mariott, cost $100. This class is already very popular, but it is not open yet. Send me an e-mail to get on the mailing list so you get an application. As soon as I begin accepting applications get yours back to me ASAP. Also, if you are not flying in from out of town please try to take the class on the 23. This leaves the 24th open for the people coming in for CHA.

Other Locations in 2009- I will try to hold a class each month somewhere in 2009. Here are my immediate venues, please e-mail me to get on my mailing lists.
Northern Florida/Possibly New Orleans Date TBA (Last Week of Feb)
Westport CT, Rochester NY, Toronto ON dates TBA (around March 18-25)

Upcoming Classes, Demos, and Workshops
I will be teaching a variety of local classes this fall, so be on the lookout. There are more details if you click on the upcoming classes button in my sidebar.
U of O Tools of the Trade Show, Nov 19 & 20, Eugene OR, U of O Bookstore 10 am to 5:00 pm,
This is a fun, free annual event where we are demoing and you can purchase markers at a great price. There are lots of other fine-art vendors there so come and see what's new and learn hands-on about our markers. I'll be demoing all day. See you there!

Marker Rendering Workshop for Fine Art / Architecture / Illustration. Nov 19. 6:30 to 9:30
Holiday Collage Cardmaking Class Dec. 6th, time TBA,
Both of these classes are held at DIVA (Downtown Initiative for the Visual Arts). You can get more info and register from their website.

Manga Drawing class, Eugene Public Library December during Christmas break (TBA)
I'll be offering a free kids/teen workshop on drawing Manga sometime the week after Christmas, so keep checking and I'll find that date and time. Note: it will be a while before I can teach another manga class locally so come to this one if you can.

History of Manga Lecture, Eugene Public Library Jan. 2 2009. This free lecture is part of the first Friday Art walk and is free and open to the public. If you've ever wanted to know what manga is, where it comes from, and why it's so popular then this lecture is perfect for you (Teen & Adult appropriate).

Whew! There's a lot going on. Please don't hesitate to e-mail me and get on mailing lists for the certification classes. For my other workshops contact the appropriate venues for more details. Have a great day and I'll show more airbrushing tomorrow.

14 comments:

Tisha Ann Harms (aka Squish) said...

Please consider a Certification Class in the Dallas Area as soon as possible in 2009!

Nancy said...

Hi Maryann.... could you please put me on your list for CHA? The shop owner wants me certified....

Thanks!
nancy at elrick dot ca

Denise said...

When are you planning a class in Chicago? I am not a designer but I would love to go.

Unknown said...

I would love to see a class in the Dallas / Fort Worth area!!! Please consider making a stop through this part of Texas :-)

Ann said...

I'm interested in the class you may have in Portland. I'm on a Design Team.

Ann Clack
acclack at msn dot com

marianne walker said...

I know, I know- Dallas, Chicago, Denver, Salt Lake, San Francisco, St. Louis, Boise, Louisville, Phoenix, Canada...

These and many other locations I'm looking at for 2009. East Coast this spring, Dallas in June, Phoenix in April, aaaggghhh! I'm going crazy with my frequent flyer miles :)

Kathy Billings said...

I would love to take a certification class on Copics. If you ever have one in the San Antonio, Texas area please let me know.

Kathy Billings
Eggdcr8tr@satx.rr.com

Connie said...

PLEASE consider having your class in the North Florida area and not New Orleans! Thank you so much!!!!!

Elaine M said...

Do you have a beginner's class in the Portland,OR area? I know you have so many demands on your time to give Certification Classes -- just don't forget us newbies waiting for a chance to jump on board with Copics. They just seem amazing and I'm eager to learn.
mtn.moven.faith@comcast.net

Kelly Booth said...

Did you say Phoenix???? I'm in....
Would love for you to teach one there!

karen said...

Yay for Dallas! We're starving here for a good Copics class!

Erica said...

YEAH! Phoneix in April...I'm ecstatic and that is a good time of year (weather-wise) to be here. Please include me on your mailing list as well. I have friend who I will forward this to as well. Thanks for hearing us Phoenicians.

Anonymous said...

I was thrilled to see Rochester, NY, but I'm not a teacher or a paid designer! If your class opens up (or better yet is for all of us dying to learn more) I would love to come. This blog is great and I love my Copic markers, but I would really like some training!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

I wish I could come down for the ones in Oregon! It would be nice to get certified before Christmas so I know what to put on my wish list.

:-)